If there's one drink that you should drink before bed, turmeric golden milk tea is it. This healthy drink helps promote a good night's sleep, cleanses the blood, heals digestive issues and is an anti-inflammatory that helps protect against cancer. But its incredible health benefits do not just stop there. Click here to see this great recipe.
Turmeric Golden MilkIngredients (serves 4-6 servings)
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric (or few drops of turmeric essential oil)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1" piece of fresh peeled and sliced ginger or ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp of grade b maple syrup or honey to taste
- A sprinkle of black pepper (optional)
- Note: You can add filtered water to your liking and consistency.
- Blend all the ingredients thoroughly in a blender or food processor, until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour into your mug or cup and enjoy all the delicious anti-inflammatory health benefits!
Turmeric, is renowned for its health benefits. In fact, it has been shown to help in the following:
- Turmeric detoxifies the liver.
- Turmeric clears mucus from the body.
- Turmeric promotes weight loss.
- Turmeric is a great remedy for acne.
- Turmeric can be used to alleviate a toothache.
- Turmeric helps with pain.
- Turmeric soothes inflamed joints.
- Turmeric purifies the blood.
- Turmeric helps with depression.
- Turmeric heals wounds.
- Turmeric soothes symptoms associated with eczema.
- Turmeric helps lower cholesterol.
- Turmeric boosts the immune system.
While turmeric's health benefits come by the dozen, combining it with other ingredients–particularly good fats–will help calm the brain, balance hormones and naturally promote a calm and good night's sleep. The taste of golden milk tea is incredibly delicious too, and tastes very similar to warm chai.